Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Jewel in the Crown


I'm not alone, though I'm a lonely man
And I won't take a helping hand
You can tell from the look in my eyes
That I'm searching for paradise
I’ve stumbled upon a treasure
And I'm feeling a little strange
But I can't hold on to the feeling
I'm still dying for some change

I laugh to myself as I look in the mirror
And see the world goin' upside down
They can't understand, and they can't get over
Seeing the lady with the clown
Loving isn't easy
If you aren't crazy
I'm still dreaming when I'm really seeing
I'm with the jewel in the crown

I take a walk down Easy Street
Tryin' to catch a glimpse of the town
I wanna lose myself in the lights and the sound
And in the action all around
But I can't get myself to give it away
I'm still rooted to the ground
I just sigh and look around and smile
And start to find my way back home

I'm a funny man, but when I'm with her
I can't understand where the wit disappears
My best laid plans are blown away
I feel like I've been speechless for years
What spell she casts is still unknown
Her magic touch is grippin' the whole town
I believe she's gonna take me to paradise
I know she is the jewel in the crown

No comments: