Thursday, September 21, 2006

Old Mrs. Rusty

Pretty summer afternoon, the clock strikes four
Old Mrs. Rusty stepping out the door
Into the green lawns to bask in the sun
Watching little children giggling on the run

With a twinkle in her eye, she calls their names
As they merrily go about playing new-found games
Now sit, now run, now skip, now hide
Old Mrs. Rusty dances on the hill-side

She's got new laces and ribbons for all the dolls
Now they're hiding in the flowers while she fondly calls
Getting darker now, and sun is gone behind the hills
Mrs. Rusty waiting long after the siren from the mills

From the yard, the children disappear one by one
The dolls and the flowers vanish and soon there are none
Old Mrs. Rusty can't hold back the tears
She's living in the same dream for many many years

Its a summer afternoon, the clock strikes four
Pretty Mrs. Rusty stepping out the door
Into the green lawns to bask in the sun
Waiting for her little children to return

2 comments:

Akash said...

Lovely...finally something I can visualise ;-))

Anonymous said...

Hi Rohit

I'm Boris, the French roomate of Devender. I was reading my own blog, to remember the good moments in India and I saw your comment with the address of your blog.
You write very well and your texts are very nice! Continue like that !

I miss India and I miss all the people I met!