Thursday, July 13, 2006

Ridin' on Luck

I just keep moving on
'round the world singing my songs
Memories come trotting along
For a while and then they're gone
All towns now look the same
All colors just shades of gray
A thousand times, I face the wall
With a little luck, I pass each day

Desperate for love and life
I no longer am, no longer care
Its only a mirage I've learnt
You'd be lucky to be out of there
And when the sun shines in your face
Ya think of those who could share this place
And you think of the glory days
As you try to find a resting place

With a little luck, I wake up each day
I lie, I steal, I run away
With a little luck, I hide in the night
With darkness there to show me the way
Its some luck that my wounds don’t heal
Sometimes I’m numb, so I don’t feel
Sometimes it’s the pain that helps me smile
And the scars shall remain all the while

Its some luck that I make no friends
I don't have to part, I don't have to cry
With some luck, I'll learn to fly
And with a little luck, someday I'll die
What remains then is my lonesome soul
Come hell or high water, I'd just rock and roll
Either ways, its my luck that I ride
And with the devil, let my spirit glide