Thursday, June 01, 2006

Highway

Come on baby, hit the highway
Lets go beyond destiny
For once, lets have it my way
After this, we'll all be free
Take me to another country
Another life, another home
I no longer care about the distance
I like it this way, on my own

I'd give it all for the highway
I don't have nothing to save
The only way, the highway
My preacher and my grave

For the first time, I'm returning smiles
To onlookers and passersby
They're with me now, but not forever
Some know it better but some others cry
It took me time to understand
They're 'still' but are on their way
Everybody needs direction
But not all are in disarray

What I have are not my possessions
They belong to this wonderful rave
The only way, the highway
My angel and my grave

Too many thoughts breed confusion
Too many hopes bring disdain
Nothing stays, not even illusions
We gotta wait and take our share of pain
We're travelling in a circle
We have to find within it an end
Take me to anybody who needs
A hand to hold and an ear to lend

I know its just imagination
To chase this dream is all I crave
The only way, my highway
My cradle and my grave

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good one maan!
interesting how different people have different motivations.i always believed that fulfilling a dream would be most people's goal.yours seems to be merely chasing it.is it so distant or unreachable that you find satisfaction in the mere chase.
or are you hinting at something more deeper like living in the moment and enjoying the journey.
i need to read it again to understand the message better.
keep the good work on.